Full-Time Payroll Specialist/Business Office Assistant
Bethlehem Christian Academy is accepting applications for a Full-Time Payroll Specialist/Business Office Assistant.
The employee shall be born-again who feels called of God to serve in a Christian school setting. Other qualifications may be added by the Board as deemed appropriate.
Responsible to: Business Officer (CFO)
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel and this job description. Details are found in the Policies/Procedures Manual.
- Have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior.
- Believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living.
- Be in whole-hearted agreement with the school’s Statement of Faith and Christian philosophy of education.
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others.
- Be a member in good standing at a local evangelical church that has a Statement of Faith in agreement with the school’s Statement of Faith
Required Professional Qualities
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
- Positive, cheerful disposition
- Ability to manage stressful situations well
- Strong organizational skills; good manager of time
- Typing and proficient computer skills required
- Operate necessary office machinery
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office platform is required. This includes Word, Excel, Power point, Access, and Outlook
- Gain Proficiency with Financial Software Programs & Renweb
- Proficiency with creating and updating PDF documents is required
- Proficiency with navigating and using resources on the internet is required. This includes searches, clipping, proper referencing, and publishing
- Overtly support and act in accordance with the school's Statement of Faith, mission, vision, and philosophy;
- Foster a safe, predictable, supportive, and joyful environment for students;
- Interact with colleagues in a respectful and collegial manner that fosters a healthy culture;
- Demonstrate appropriate planning and preparation for instruction and evaluate all students' progress fairly and effectively;
- Uphold professional standards of personal presentation, punctuality, professional courtesy, and discretion;
- Respond to the needs of the school by carrying out specific assignments, including but not limited to service learning, advisory programs, assigned supervision, and other areas as determined by the supervisor;
- Maintain professional credentials and/or certification;
- Honor the confidentiality of school, student, and family information;
- Comply with all school policies and procedures as articulated in the BCA Policy and Procedures manual; and
- Authentically engage in self-reflection and annual personal and professional growth. This includes written goals and progress toward those goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and process bi-monthly payrolls, including: W-2 and non-W2 employee payroll processing, PTO (paid time off), payroll deductions, sub hours, etc..
- Will work closely with Human Resources to ensure employee time is entered accurately and timely
- Reconcile monthly payroll deductions against benefit invoices
- Assist HR Coordinator with processing background checks and E-Verify
- Assist HR Coordinator with new hire information: onboarding copier codes, Renweb Login, etc.
- Assist HR Coordinator with yearly tax forms: W-2’s, 1099’s, and 1095-C
- Help maintain HR files: Digital/Hard Copy Contracts and Payroll processing files
- Help prepare (type, label and mail/email) any necessary communication with employees
- Process or prepare more complex or technical financial accounting documents, including Excel spreadsheets and special payroll reports
- Performs special projects as assigned
- Deliver administrative office faxes, memos and emails as needed
- Check and distribute mail to appropriate boxes
- Receives and protects confidential information
- Backup Cash Management Bookkeeper (Count/Reconcile/Deliver Cash boxes)
- Any other duties as assigned by CFO
- Upholds and enforces board policy, administrative procedures, school rules and regulations, and is supportive of them to the public.
- Maintains appropriate work habits, including regular and punctual attendance and appropriate use of conference and planning time.
- Strives to communicate the positive aspects of our school program to the public in word and deed.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other staff members
- Must work as a team player, assisting other staff for the good of all students and the school.
- Follow the policy of Matthew 18 in regards to disagreements among fellow staff. Must report to the administration any disagreement to school policy without discussion/gossip with other staff.
- Must display or communicate support for the school and administration to staff, parents and the community. Disagreements must be kept confidential and should be dealt with by the administration privately.
Please review Statement of Faith